Children in Aman Ghars

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ummeed diary

25th December

I joined 'Dil Se' from 1st Dec, and feels like its already becoming a part of my system - physically (running after the boys can be a bit tiring at times!), mentally (the babel of sounds that fill up the day gets intense at times :)  and emotionally (still coming to terms with many boys refusing to get inside the class). I am their new English and Computer teacher, to put it simply but that's not all!
Ummeed is a very different place. Every kid over there has a story behind the veil of indifference and (at times) insolence. They do have dreams, and so you see when you talk to them but they have so many layers that require peeling that they just find it easier to ignore it and blame others. I'm so new to all this, that even I feel overwhelmed at times with things they've gone through and things they still put themselves through. It's not easy to draw lines of right and wrong when you're talking to them one on one. Looking into their eyes, you only see glimpses of their secret emotions as they hide well behind the doors of aggression or nonchalance.
Everyday I enter, sensing a strange force drawing me to them. Everyday I leave, feeling a bit more closer to them..

No comments:

Post a Comment