Children in Aman Ghars

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Aseem Dalal,Volunteer from IIT Delhi

" ................ My first day at Umeed  I was expecting that the children would not have temperament of learning and I would be running and shouting around them to make them learn but I was so amazed and filled with joy to see that everyone tries to extract out maximum from the volunteers. They know the importance of Umeed Ghar for them.  “Prem’s concept about x^3 = 3x, whether you put ‘3’ before or after x, it’s the same still sometimes makes me laugh “.  Sometimes If I shout on them for not able to do homework or some problem, then everyone gets on me and start asking me some G.K. questions and tell me, “see you also don’t know these things ……. “ .Playing cricket on arbitrary bouncing pitch with one ball over head and other on feet with leather ball and no protection was furious but thrilling, sorting out disputes among small kids with Rahil always coming crying for one or the another reason was total fun. The best thing I observed and learnt that despite of lack of facilities in life, they still are so happy that there is so much positive energy you gain in one visit. I can’t forget these 30 days of my life................"

1 comment:

  1. Just an FYI
    Rahil still does that :) and he's still super adorable!!

    ReplyDelete