Children in Aman Ghars

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

AhRam)Korean Kids & UMMEED Kids


Korean Kids & UMMEED Kids
2011.01.16.Sun
by Ah Ram Lee

Today is the day of Korean Kids and UMMEED Kids meeting.
I went there to assist our crew after I had Samosa for lunch as usual :)

Because of the delay, I had some fun with lovely UMMEED kids.
I do not speak Hindi, they don't speak Korean(of course) but it seemed that somehow we started to communicate with each other :)

   
The lady who stood at back is Rashmi, a generous and beautiful officer from the Dil Se office.

The meeting started with sharing national anthems of India and Korea.


And for the welcome greeting, home crew put 'Tilak' on Korean children's forehead
(and me as well :D)


The children were drawing what they wanted together

I drew kids who shared a paper with me :D

After the snack time, Indian kids showed their dance performance
Until the moment, I didn't know that dancers were living at UMMEED :)
I will visit there to learn this dancing!!
Anyway, I have to go there to take a video clip of Sakoot's Head Spin.
The little guy who is sitting on the very right is Sakoot! 
Can you see that two kids have bandages on their arm and hand?
It is “Pororo color bandage” which I brought from Korea


Which kid would ever hate this? Even adults love it ;)

I was one of the most popular ones among Indian kids.
All kids were running into me showing a big smile and saying,
“Didi(sister), I have wounds here(translated)(pointing their all kinds of wounds and scars)”
My answers were “No. Your wound is already covered!” , or “Um.. Wash it and come back to me”.   
(My strategy actually worked perfectly as I thought. haha) 

I frankly was really worried how Korean Kids might respond
because many of them are young and might have never experienced what they would have...
However, 
Unlike my concerns, they were okay to get along with their new Indian friends from UMMEED

I wish that they would get idea of how much they are blessed through this experience 
and I wish they would think what we can do for our future and their future


No comments:

Post a Comment