Children in Aman Ghars

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Richa) in Khushi



I came to delhi for my Management studies,
Now pursuing MBA (Finance) and PGPM (Human Resource)
I came to knOw about “Dil Se” through the college INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT (IMD) and became a part of “KHUShI AMAN GHAR”  by working as a volunteer  or I would rather say by becoming part of their family .I had started my journey from Jan and still working in it.
Now I am making them smile, do innovative craft works, teaching (Maths), sharing their grief and even learning from them. But in all this time, the bond that these little darlings have formed with me is so pure, selfless and fulfilling my dreams.
 
                                    (GIRLS HOLDING WALL HANGING IN THEIR HANDS)

It is always wonderful spending time with these girls whether in class or outside. They are very creative and can easily catch things, whatever is taught to them .Their basic nature is that they are always in a mood of learning something new, they learn with full enthusiasm and spirit so I as a volunteer always take the initiative of teaching them in their way. I have taught them wall hangings made from bangles as shown in the above pics, photo frames with waste cartons or cover of a notebook,fancy rakhi and also paintings.
              
             (WALL HANGING & PHOTO FRAME)                                      (RAKHEE)

The above crafts are already taught by me and I also teach them models like igloo house etc. In future I am planning to teach them how to “light a bulb with the help of battery”, dressing etiquettes for various occasions, rangoli and more craft works.



I have also visited various sites from dil se where I got to interact with the street people to influence them so that their child gets an education and this was a very good moment for me.

 
( FAMILY OF DIL SE.....)
There are sports day held for the kids and the volunteers where we spent the whole day with the kids playing sports with them. They are even awarded with gifts and certificates. Some games were arranged for volunteers as u can see in pictures. We all enjoyed a lot.

The “Caretakers” are very dedicated and sincere, they take care of the kids, cook for them and stays there 24 hours. “HATS OFF TO THEIR DEDICATION” Even if you go for the first day you never feel that it’s your first meeting with them.............in fact you feel as if you are a part of that family.




I would like to thanks Mr.Anubhav Sapra for giving me the chance to be a member of this H@ppY F@MILY.........

It has been a pleasure since Day 1 that I joined this campaign and it is impossible to note down my experience and observation in one blog post! But I can only say that it is a wonderful experience with them, I am really planning to stay for a long time as i feel..............
.................................A KIND OF SOME BOND WITH THEM.





Volunteer's Profile
Name : Richa Jaiswal

Nationality : India

Job Title : Teacher in Math / Art and Crafts in Khushi

Email : richajais@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Richa, this is a lovely journal! and what you have made with kids is amazing!! Are they going to be displayed on Annual Day exhibition? I like them very much! Should learn how to make and bring them back to Korea as souvenirs!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ah ram,I think So....
    Coz I have already submitted these creative things to Respected Madam,I don't know what there decision will be....
    Thankyou for Appreiation.
    If possible come to Khushi Aman Ghar for some hour and Have a look.........

    ReplyDelete