Children in Aman Ghars

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Anika)The first Beautiful Day of Kilkari




The First ‘Beautiful Day’ when the volunteers and children are cleaning the home together was begun by our passionate volunteers. The discussion of having a cleaning day with the kids started from the day of Monthly Kilkari meeting. Unfortunately and fortunately there was a problem with water pipes so that Kilkari was not clean on the day and that’s how some of our volunteers considered initiating a cleaning day teaching children the importance of clean surroundings and providing them more comfortable and cozy place.
This happened so quickly so there were many people who couldn’t change their schedule to make it but I hope there would be more volunteers on the next ‘Beautiful Day’ including me ;)
This time, Anika Kakkar,Naval Gupta,Shikha Aggarwal, and Anshuman Kshetrapal participated in cleanliness drive.

Have a look what happened below!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





What a beautiful day at kilkari...
Meeting these kids at first has given a truly beautiful and meaningful existence to my life. I am not sure if by visiting them I can really change their life but they will surely teach me and change my life. On 10th march we had taken a cleaning initiative for the home and we call it a "wonderfull day" as this experience of brooming, dusting, and cleaning with the kids was actually very wonderful. As I call these kids my "little angels" which they truly are, helped us to an extent of actually snatching the brooms from us and cleaning. It was such a pleasure to see their enthusiasm for cleaning and helping us make their home a better place to live. I think till the time we dont demonstrate our self the change we want to see in them they wont be motivated to do the same. So through this we have really convinced them to keep their sarroundings clean and tidy so the purpose of a "wonderfulll day" is solved.

 - Anika Kakar -



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this beautiful day. Hope to join with you next time!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing experience indeed..the kids really got involved..as far as to straight away jump in the fountains' dirty water and start cleaning it..I perceived the level of involvement the kids can portray..

    Special thanks to Anubhav who helped us organize and arrange material for the activity and do all the cleaning..and later play khoko and kabaddi opposite me..be ready for next time..my team is all geared up :)....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the great initiative..I hope there are many more beautiful days to come!

    ReplyDelete